Signs List Emergency needs
Our pets cannot communicate with us in words, so we must rely on their actions and attitudes to guide us.
Your pet exhibits any of the signs that do not seem normal, call your vet right away or call us on (416) 888 – 7084, we are also an emergency clinic.
Contact us immediately, If you observe any of the following signs:
- Blue, white or very pale gums
- Labored breathing
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Dizziness, imbalance, or circling
- Inability to walk
- Extremely bloated abdomen
- Signs of acute severe pain (such as crying out very loudly and excessively)
- Body temperature over 104 or under 99 (normal is typically 100.5-102.5)
Contact us, if you notice any of these signs lasting more than 2-3 days:
- Poor Appetite
- Excessive salivation
- Excessive thirst (increased water intake)
- Frequent and/or inappropriate urination
- Excessive scratching or dull, dry, or flaky hair coat
- Wheezing or frequent panting
- Nasal discharge or congestion
- Displays of mild to moderate pain (such as crying when a specific area is touched or action is taken)
It is better to be cautious than to wait.